Telegram is one of the widely used Instant Messaging application these days and it’s packed with load of features. In this tutorial, we will talk about how to permanently delete and/or deactivate your Telegram account.
- Navigate to following website in your Android’s web browser or from your computer. https://my.telegram.org/auth?to=deactivate (This is because it’s not possible to delete your Telegram account inside the app)
- Once you visit above web page, you have to type in your mobile number which is registered for Telegram. Make sure you include your country code as well.
- Tap ‘NEXT’ button and in few seconds, Telegram will send you a SMS that contains a security code.
- Type that code you received into the text box labled ‘Confirmation Code’
- Tap ‘Deactive account’ button and then a confirmation page will appear.
- Tap ‘Done’ button and then also you can state the reason of why are you leaving Telegram.
- Tap ‘Yes, Delete my account’ and voila. You successfully deleted your Telegram account.
Please note that deleting your Telegram account will permanently delete all of your Telegram messages and contacts.